FTV Alarm Screen Question......

JoseM

I have a quick clarification to ask. When you create a project on Factory Talk View Studio, you have about four (4) to five (5) screens that are always created.

The question I have is on the [ALARM] screen. On this screen when you get a fault on your equipment this screen will appear and display the fault to your equipment operator. When the "Acknowledge Alarm" button gets pressed is that action what should be used to reset the fault logic on your PLC or do I need to have a separate "Reset" button?

I would have a separate reset button. An acknowledge is usually different than a reset in that the alarm condition might still exist and the acknowledge is just to silence the alarm if a reset if issued, at least the way I program alarms, and the condition is still present the alarm will just retrigger as a new event

Thank you. What I'm trying to overcome is that this piece of equipment has many faults, "Major" and "Minor". The faults are group into those two groups. Only one alarm signal gets sent to a monitoring room to call out a problem with that specific equipment.

What I've being seen is that the alarm gets reviewed, the "Acknowledge Button" is press and the individual "Exits" the screen but the "Fault Reset" button doesn't get press. When another fault happens, the second one gets masked by the fault that previously existed. Does that makes any sense guys?

Right now there is a "Alarm Reset" button that blinks that is used throughout the PLC code to reset all alarms like you suggested.

Last edited: