TI 505 programming help

Dan747

Many years ago I helped install a control system at a small local company. I managed to learn some basic 505 RLL and made a few modifications to the program, before eventually moving on to another job. Now, 15 years later the company owner asked if I could make a modification for them, I told him I'd try to help them out.

I remember how to get into the PLC and make changes, but sadly I do not remember any RLL at all. And I just don't have time to go back and refresh my memory on RLL, so I, hoping maybe someone here can offer some help.

They have installed a counter to count widgets coming down the line. The counter sends a 500 m.s. 24v pulse for each widget to input X21 on a 4332 card. They simply want the 505 to count the widgets and store the accumulated count in a memory location so it can be displayed. I think that's a fairly simple bit of RLL code, hopefully someone can provide a solution.

Thanks
Dan

What processor?

This should work to 32767 in a TI545.

It's just your input > one shot > add box > dummy coil. I think the single box can be used to increment the A register.

Capture.JPG