Modbus Comm with V20

Ramsri

Hi all,
I am trying to interface V20 Drive with Weintek HMI for Writing Speed/Frequency Paramerters on Rs485 Modbus. I ve got all the Parameters displaying in HMI. Whenever modifying 40003(Ref.Freq) Command, Drive is not accepting & shows 0 Frequency. I have modified P700 & P1000 as 5 inorder to set the parameters via Modbus.

Can any one Help me?

Ram

Recycling answers... :)

Get yourself a copy of the "Simply Modbus" TCP client here:

http://www.simplymodbus.ca/TCPclient.htm

Use it to talk to your V20 Drive and Weintek HMI. The side that isn't talking will probably be your problem child.

Near the lower lefthand corner in the SM client, you will see two checkboxes for "High Byte" and "High Word" first. This sets your endian-ness. It should be Big-endian, but you never know.

Start with that and give us an update please.

He can read via Modbus OK, the problem is a Modbus write.

I'm not a drive guy so the Siemens V20 manual is near Greek to me with all those Pxxx and rxxx parameters.

I suspect it's a setup issue that is preventing that particular register to not accept a write.

It looks like there's even setup for units, what dors 'percent' mean?

If you wont to go the drive in run mode:
40100 STW R/W
40101 HSW R/W
40110 ZSW R
40111 HIW R
Write in the parameter 40100(1151 DEC form) for RUN and for STOP (1150 DEC form)

Recycling answers... :)

Get yourself a copy of the "Simply Modbus" TCP client here:

http://www.simplymodbus.ca/TCPclient.htm

Use it to talk to your V20 Drive and Weintek HMI. The side that isn't talking will probably be your problem child.

Near the lower lefthand corner in the SM client, you will see two checkboxes for "High Byte" and "High Word" first. This sets your endian-ness. It should be Big-endian, but you never know.

Start with that and give us an update please.

He's using RS485, so the RTU Master from Simply Modbus instead.

Not knowing anything about this drive, do you need to set "FREQ REF" or "REF FREQ"? "REF FREQ" is address 40016, see page 5 here: http://www.san-el.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/V20_Modbus.pdf