s7-200 set time and date

johneedw

Hello freinds,
I bought a new S7-200 PLC as a spare part for a machine, but when i downloaded the application to it,the PLC not functioning yet , not o/p appear
in o/p module and no communication between the PLC and the HMI panel !.
Please, advice me to diagnosis the problem and also, advice me how to set time and date of the PLC via simatic MicroWin?.. Help me plz..

Hello freinds,
I bought a new S7-200 PLC as a spare part for a machine, but when i downloaded the application to it,the PLC not functioning yet , not o/p appear
in o/p module and no communication between the PLC and the HMI panel !.
Please, advice me to diagnosis the problem and also, .

Is the PLC in RUN?
Is the Port baud set correctly? - look in the "System Block" for port settings
Can you go online with the Laptop?
What interface are you using?
Have you set the PG/PC Interface correctly?
Have you "searched" all baud rates?
Please look under the communications tab for the above, also see attached image.

MicrowinComms.jpg

Last edited:
Dear Moggie
Below the answers:

Is the PLC in RUN? yes
Is the Port baud set correctly? - look in the "System Block" for port settings...yes(9.6 kbs)
Can you go online with the Laptop?... yes
What interface are you using? PPI adapter
Have you set the PG/PC Interface correctly?...yes
Have you "searched" all baud rates? No!
Please look under the communications tab for the above, also see attached image.I've used remote address(3) and then the interface read the CPU correctly when i click refresh as shown in your image.everything is going OK ,but when i try to read time and date from the menu command PLC > Time of Day Clock, the pc cann't read them !, i cann't set time and date from this command because all fields are unactive !..help me please

when i try to read time and date from the menu command PLC > Time of Day Clock, the pc cann't read them !, i cann't set time and date from this command because all fields are unactive !..help me please[/COLOR]

What cpu do you have - only the CPU 224 & CPU 226 have a RTC built in.

I've CPU 226...

When you use the following
"To view or set the current time and date stored in the PLC, select the menu command PLC > Time of Day Clock."
Do you get any errors or comms time out?

Is the port that the HMI is connected to set to the correct baud rate?

Can you post a copy of the project here?

Dear Moggie,
When you use the following
"To view or set the current time and date stored in the PLC, select the menu command PLC > Time of Day Clock."
Do you get any errors or comms time out? NO

Is the port that the HMI is connected to set to the correct baud rate? I don't know how to set the HMI baud rate port!..Advice me plz..

Can you post a copy of the project here?
Yea of course..
Yesterday 03:44 AM

Thank you for interest, the project is attached below.

Is the port that the HMI is connected to set to the correct baud rate? [I said:
I don't know how to set the HMI baud rate port!..Advice me plz..[/I]

Where does the HMI connect to?

Open the System Block and you will see the settings for Port 0 & Port 1

Dear Moggie,
The HMI panel (OP7) is connected to port 0 .
By the way, i've made some setting on the HMI panel and then the PLC has communicated
with the HMI panel and the i/p and o/p module has became ready and also, some o/p leds of the PLC became on, but that not help to run the machine because many options on the HMI panel when we choose, the HMI panel says: option not availabel !..
Help me plz...

Dear Moggie,
The HMI panel (OP7) is connected to port 0 .
By the way, i've made some setting on the HMI panel and then the PLC has communicated
with the HMI panel and the i/p and o/p module has became ready and also, some o/p leds of the PLC became on, but that not help to run the machine because many options on the HMI panel when we choose, the HMI panel says: option not availabel !..
Help me plz...

The PLC Program you sent contained many "invalid" networks.
The HMI communicating is good - but I think you need to enable functions somehow, either in the PLC or HMI.!!
I do not think I can help anymore as I do not know your machine.
I would call the oem for assistance.

Dear Moggie,
Thank you for interest, and i'm sorry for instancy!
Regarding to the invalid networks, i don't know why they appears as invalid, but we can browse them from (View- STL) option from MicroWIN and read them.
Also, i've checked the identical machine and browsed its project from (Debug- Program Edit in Run) and found the same status"invalid networks) for the same while the machine is working very well !..
Please, read the invalid networks from STL option and try to deduce the problem.
Sorry again for instancy.. Many thanks