Omron CPM1A AND NT20S-ST121B-EV3

locotumbler

I have two of the same units that are using a CPM1A and an NT20S-ST121B-EV3. I am not able to connect to the touch screen as far as i can tell via the NTST.

on the touch screen I am getting an error. CYCLE PAUSED.

I have attached a zip file containing the .bak .opt and .cxp files.

I have 6 of these units in house I am not able to find anything different in the program between the two that don't work and the 4 that do.

I have seen the .pdf for the GTC99CC cable. I am unable to find this cable even on ebay. If I need this cable to connect to the touch screen please let me know where I can get the items for said cable.

20151228_151143_resized.jpg

Attachments

• Box Changer.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
To transfer the screen program to the PC you first need to put the screen into 'Transfer Mode'
To do this, press in any two corners. Its a bit hit and miss, so you might need to try a few times.
Once in the system menu, enter transfer mode and transfer to your PC.
You may need to check dip switch settings also...
Its all in the manual, but here are a couple of pages that may help you not having to dig through the whole thing.

http://www.fa.omron.com.cn/data_pdf/closed/mnu/v020-e1-04_nt20s.pdf

Last edited:
Your counter CNT006 is on rung 24. The Batch Complete Latch triggers the counter to count (I think it counts down to zero then turns on).

You realize that it isn't an error you are seeing? The PLC and HMI are apparently programmed to pause.
The HMI seems to potentially have a button o turn the pause off.

I'm unsure what your exact problem is.

Indexes till Pause Setting (DM11) is set at 1.
Indexes per Revolution is set at 0.

You haven't provided your HMI program so, a little hard to totally decipher what's what on your system.

There are things like 'Touchscreen set index count' and 'Touchscreen pause thumbwheel value' that make me believe that the system isn't setup correctly.

i will look into and see if there isnt' somthing on the outside causign issues. I have 6 of these units in house with the exact same programs in them and 4 are working fine as these use to. I wasn't the original programmer as this post has made abundantly clear. I don't know if the original programmer intended this system to do a lot more but really all it does it get the signal that a batch is done and drives a motor to rotate a base until it has rotated 1/2, 1/3, 1/6 of the way around.

Open the program and then open the symbols folder:
BOOL 0.00 Input pulse from press
BOOL 0.01 Table in position (prox)
BOOL 0.02 Box present sensor
BOOL 0.03 Box full sensor
These are all inputs

These appear to be outputs:
BOOL 10.00 Outlet A output
BOOL 10.01 Outlet B output
BOOL 10.02 Press stop signal

But the wiring diagram would help you confirm this.