Micrologix 1100 to Automation Direct viewmarq

rdlackey

My company bought three automation direct viewmarq displays to display a part number over the product while it was being inspected. I was confident that i could use a RTA ascii gateway to communicate with it but had no luck so I went to using a micrologix 1100. I do not have any of the automation direct plcs in house nor do I know if i can message back and forth to them since I have 100 percent AB in plant. Channel 0 is set to ASCII and the right port configurations of the Viewemarq which says it can recieve RS-232. I am using the AWT command. It has an LED that blinks when I send it information, but I get no syntax or any other errors displayed on the front. Hyperterminal seems to indicate i am giving it the right tags. Any help would be appreciated.

Appreciate it, I had spent so much time trying to get it work with the RTA gateway, that I missed the specific section. I had figured out the wiring beforehand, the rest got me me home. Thanks again.