CompactLogix Comunication with supervisory issue

samoelfilho

Hi, My name is Samoel, is my first thread in this forum, sorry for my english, I`m learning...Well, I`ve a problem to comunicate the ControLogix L24ER-QB1B to a supervisory called Elipse SCADA, I made the communication with Ethernet network, and works with Studio 5000 very well, but to comunicate to Elipse, using ABCIP driver (and RSLinx power off), the commuticaion is not possible, show me error while I try to read a value in a tag.
Anyone can help me?
Thank you

look at the title bar at the very top of your RSLinx software ... does the word "LITE" appear there? ... the "LITE" version is free - and it will not make the type of connection required for most SCADA and HMI systems ...

note that the LITE version will work with RSLogix 5000/Studio 5000 for PROGRAMMING purposes - but you usually need something more powerful than "LITE" to communicate with most SCADA and HMI systems ...

and welcome to the forum ...

Last edited:
look at the title bar at the very top of your RSLinx software ... does the word "LITE" appear there? ... the "LITE" version is free - and it will not make the type of connection required for most SCADA and HMI systems ...

Hi Mr.Beaufort, thanks for answer, my RSLinx Version is not Lite. It`s Classic.
But for the communication to Elipse SCADA, I guess, requires the RSLinx Shutdown.

don't worry about the word "CLASSIC" ... (it could be "Classic Lite" - or it could be "Classic" and NOT "Lite") ... and yes, I know that's confusing ...

is the word "LITE" there too? ... if LITE does NOT appear, then you'll need help from someone who has experience with your brand of software ... I've never heard of it ...

the forum is quite slow right now - because of the holidays ... hopefully someone who has knowledge of your system will be along soon who can help you ...

good luck with your project ... sorry that I couldn't have been more helpful to you ...

Over Ethernet, both RSLinx Classic and your Elipse driver should be able to connect to the controller simultaneously.

"ABCIP" is not a driver name in RSLinx Classic, so it must be the name of your driver in Elipse.

You need to troubleshoot that software. If you can describe the configuration or post screenshots, Forum members may be able to help.

When the ABCIP driver is open under elipse scada, can you see your plc ??

Hi, when I open the driver, i can`t see my PLC, where I see? I guess it is not possible, I`ve set the driver, and tested the comunication on Tag properties , and try read the value, but I received the error status.

You have the SCADA and PLC on the same Ethernet subnet?
Can you ping the PLC from the SCADA computer?
You say you "tested the communication on Tag properties" - what was the result - failed?
You have to give us more troubleshooting results than 'it doesn't work'

You have the SCADA and PLC on the same Ethernet subnet?
Can you ping the PLC from the SCADA computer?
You say you "tested the communication on Tag properties" - what was the result - failed?
You have to give us more troubleshooting results than 'it doesn't work'

-The Scada and PLC is on the same Ethernet subnet
-I can ping the PLC from de SCADA computer (I can connect to PLC using AB-ETH RSLinx Driver).
-Yes, this show for me Error to read value from tag of PLC.

Follow same screenshoots (sorry because the language set on elipse is portuguese):
http://imgur.com/K0Wj3CE
http://imgur.com/a/52uoZ

Thank you for help