Siemens S5 analog interface modules showing error.

krishna686

I have a offset printing M/C it's using a siemens S5 115 cpu with 14 analog interface modules . now the interface modules only showing error (power light green lit and I/O disable red liht lit ) i.e,not in the cpu .Checked voltage and continuity of communication line all are ok. How i can fix this issue ?
Please help me.

I have a offset printing M/C it's using a siemens S5 115 cpu with 14 analog interface modules . now the interface modules only showing error (power light green lit and I/O disable red liht lit ) i.e,not in the cpu .Checked voltage and continuity of communication line all are ok. How i can fix this issue ?
Please help me.

A: Is the CPU in run mode?
B: What kind of communication card set is it?

Kalle

You didn't answer my question pt. A.

If the CPU has stopped, post snapshots of the B-stack and I-stack please. Note that the I-stack can have several pages.

Photos of the main rack and sub rack(s) would have been nice.

Kalle

Last edited:
Dear Sir,
The CPU was in run mode and also note the CPU didn't shows any error
M/C is running but the problem shows when starting time and after sometimes it went off and then m/c ready to run .
Problem only with the interface modules(all modules showing)

Not being native English, I have trouble interpreting your problem description.

It is hard to believe you don't see any ADF-LED.

Does the error first appear when you start the motors?

Kalle

I am sorry, but I need to be fed with a teaspoon.

"Dear Sir,
The CPU was in run mode and also note the CPU didn't shows any error." Is there an error at this moment or not?
Is it an error but it does not show on the CPU?

"M/C is running but the problem shows when starting time"
The problem shows if you try to start a running M/C?
Please define what you mean by M/C.
And what do you mean with 'starting time'?

" and after sometimes it went off and then m/c ready to run ."
The error disappears after the M/C has been running a wile?

"Problem only with the interface modules(all modules showing)"

Please be very accurate when you reply. Remember that most of us are sitting on the other side of the Earth and we don't know more about your problem than you are able to communicate to us.

A best guess so far, is that you have trouble with the cabinet earthing. Or an instable power supply.

Kalle

Dear Sir,
Sorry .
M/C -machine
Starting time- means the time we put "on" the main breaker of the machine to run the machine.
Here i attached some pictures relating to my problem please find it and verify .

20151210_162201.jpg 20151210_162245.jpg 20160104_081125.jpg 20160104_081133.jpg 20160104_081308.jpg

Hi!

What you show in the pictures, looks like a ET100 connection between the central rack and the remote racks (I cannot read it because of blurry pictures).

It is quite ancient stuff. I don't think that I've touched one in 20 years.

Well, here's a link to the manual:

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/14780953/et-100u-distributed-i-os?dti=0&lc=en-NO

On page 2-10 you can see that the signalling is 5V symmetrical, and refering to EIA RS485 - in case you want to connect an oscilloscope.

In table 5.1 you'll find how to diagnose the error from the LEDs.

Good luck!

Kalle