PF525, encoder type

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone have any preferences/experience with encoders on the 525 series?
Documentation says 12v more resilient that 5v option.

Customer has a 5v knock-off, but want to get s 22v one.
Thinking Omron or Sick, with maybe 2000 ppr

Cheers
LC

We use these encoders with pretty good luck:

http://encoder.com/products/increme...ount-encoders/model-25t-h/mounting-option-sg/

Many encoders today have a fairly wide supply input range so supply voltage level isn't as much of a concern as it used to be. Assuming you use an encoder with an "HTL" output I would go with the higher of the available supply voltages. The higher on-state voltage CAN provide a little bit of noise immunity, although this is by no means guaranteed.

Get the highest pulse count you can get that will still stay below the input frequency limit. This value will depend on whether you are using the encoder option card or the built-in pulse input on the PF525. The pulse input is good up to 100kHz; the encoder card is good up to 250kHz.

Keith