Need a Subroutine?

Hello, I have a CLICK PLC and my main program is fine. It starts and stops two motors. I want the ability to break out of the main program and manually start and stop the feed pump with the start switch. In this case, the motor turns on when the switch is pressed, and off when the switch is released. I can't seem to figure out how to make the program do this. I created the subroutine for it but it did not work. Thanks.

Did you include a CALL instruction to invoke the subroutine? It won't run automatically.

Just zip and post (attach) your program, I'm sure someone can figure it out for you.

Yes, I did include a call and it was simultaneously pressing both stop switches. I will attach the program, but please note it is not complete. I deleted some contacts to do some testing. For example, I have motor overloads, but they are not currently in the program. This is temporary.

Simply branch around the conditions in rung 3 with your alternate conditions --- -][- X1, -]\[- X2, -]\[- X3

Do you mean one big branch? When the Feed pump Start is pressed the whole line of code should execute. How would a branch prevent that from happening? Once the Line 3 is executed, Lines 4 and 5 will execute assuming all conditions are met.

Do you mean one big branch? When the Feed pump Start is pressed the whole line of code should execute. How would a branch prevent that from happening? Once the Line 3 is executed, Lines 4 and 5 will execute assuming all conditions are met.

The stops being pressed would activate only the one branch. To finish release the 'start' then the 'stops'. As long as the start is released first the original part of the rung will not fire.

Oh yes, also add NC of stops in line on rung 4. You are right.

The stops being pressed would activate only the one branch. To finish release the 'start' then the 'stops'. As long as the start is released first the original part of the rung will not fire.

Oh yes, also add NC of stops in line on rung 4. You are right.

I think I need to see a picture of what you mean Bernie

Kwade, I will try this. Thanks for posting the link.