Logix UDT Array and Crimson

Brijm

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an application we where looking at, that would use an array of UDT's created from an add on instruction. We where also looking at using a Red Lion Graphite HMI. I setup a test program, to try and address the UDT's. I'm using the Ethernet L5K file and imported the tags from my test program.

The issue I'm having, is that when using the L5k file, it appears, that I need to address the PLC directly. With this, I cannot use an index variable to step through the array on my screens.

I can address [PLC2.WorkingDP[0].plsFrom] but not [PLC2.WorkingDP[nIndex].plsFrom]

Tech support wasn't any help, and I wanted to see if anyone here has found away around this. Perhaps I'm just trying to go about things the wrong way.

So your index needs to be hard coded? I'm assuming that you tried pre-loading nIndex with a "0" to try it out.

Can you access the same (or similar) UDT from outside of the AOI?

It *should* work, which is not much help to you (other than I think that you've got it right, and the problem is with Red Lion).

I'm not sure what your L5K file has to do with it other than that's where you got your tags from.

As for AdvancedHMI, I've used it on a couple of occasions, and it works very well.

Tech support said it they suspect that it cannot work with an array within a UDT in this manner. Which is going to create a lot more typing for me in my program. I really like the Red Lions, so I'm somewhat disappointed in this.

Because of the phrasing ("suspect") I wasn't very confident in their response, and thought I would try here, to see if anyone knew a way to make it work. RL's tech support isn't what it used to be, and as with many things, I often get better support here!