Abtcp and dasabcip

Hey we have a customer that is upgrading there system a little bit but I'm having trouble connecting abtcp Ethernet ip driver and dasabcip. I have the host file setup the directory setup I have checked everything and it should be working. Is this even possible to do in the first place

Don't think we're on the same page here. They currently have a slc 500 setup talking through Ethernet via abtcp Ethernet direct. We are adding a compact logix that is going to talk through dasabcip. Both on there own access names. I thought it would be as simple as just connecting the new controllogix through dasabcip and that's it.

can you ping the plc? I havent done anything with cip in a while but I think AB changed the communications up on the latest series of processors. You may need to make sure the version of dasabcip your are running supports whatever firmware version your compactlogix is running.

Don't think we're on the same page here. They currently have a slc 500 setup talking through Ethernet via abtcp Ethernet direct. We are adding a compact logix that is going to talk through dasabcip. Both on there own access names. I thought it would be as simple as just connecting the new controllogix through dasabcip and that's it.

I think that the firmware revision determines whether the SLC processor will be supported by DASABCIP. If your SLC processor supports it, then you should probably go ahead and convert everything to CIP, rather than running two different servers.

That said, you should be able to run both servers simultaneously.

IIRC, DASABCIP does not use the hosts file.

You need to put the PLCs IP address into the DASABCIP configuration.

I do not have a setup close by, but if you google
"DASABCIP Archestra Configuration", there is a TechTip that comes up first on my search - but it is too big to attach to this forum.

Not sure I understand your problem but have you already got the server up and running?

Once you've installed the server and have it visible in SMC you can add a PORT_CIP type node. You should then be able to add an ENB_CPLX or ENI_CPLX Object to that node and enter its IP Address. If the controller is pingable from the computer running the server you should have no problem accessing the tags in Intouch, just make sure the topic name matches that of the object / device group in SMC.

I've just recently performed an upgrade of a DASABCIP server running various type of controllers, i.e. ControlLogix, SLC, Flex I/O. I can share the archived config file with you for reference if needed.