click plc analog input calculations using a equation

mike4766

Hi all
I am trying write a program that has analog input from a pressure sensor in a tank that read the pressure sensor for level when the pump start filling up the tank the motor for gate valve is closed when the water reach the high level the motor for the gate valve will open so the input and the output is:

input X1 : from limit switch 1 to turn off the motor when its opening the valve
input X2 : from limit switch 2 to turn off the motor when its closing the valve
input AD1V : analog input from pressure sensor .
i need to accumulate data from pressure sensor and do some calculations using data to calculate the current level of the tank .is it possible to do it with a plc??

I have a in a Click co-02dd2-d plc..

thank you

Last edited:
The Click you noted does have sufficient inputs (digital and analog). You mention inputs but not outputs.
You will have to verify if your sensor is the appropriate type for the Click analog input.

At the minimum

- thoroughly read the Click documentation
- wire the Click as appropriate
- ensure the inputs are behaving properly
- write a preliminary program

ONLY THEN post what your problems may be using the appropriate terminology - not Allen Bradley terminology.

Last edited:
It's definitely possible, doesn't sound like a difficult problem. Have you tried programming it yourself yet?

This is my first project . i have tried programming , the problem is we can have only one reading at a time but we need average of 40 readings taken at time difference of 15 sec b/w each reading. i tried copy but it doesn't work .

i read documentation provided by automation direct .i am able to read analog input from pressure sensor but i need to store those reading for my calculations which i dont know how ?? i cant find any examples regarding this topic
thank you for helping me out.

Program a timer of 15 seconds and let this operate a counter.
Use the counter value 0 - 40 to index the value to a series of variables.
Add them up and divide by 40.
It looks like you want a average of 10 minutes I have to wonder why?
I often use a rolling average where you take perhaps ten measurements and increment them through a series and do the math to smooth a value.
Is this a 10 minute rolling average?
The pressure relates directly to the depth of the liquid.
Scale the value for level in whatever units you want.

it is rolling average .input from pressure sensor goes to register DF1 which is showing current value from analog input . i dont how to recall/save the previous values.
i need it for 10 minutes because tank is pumping fluid at a variable rate.

it is rolling average .input from pressure sensor goes to register DF1 which is showing current value from analog input . i dont how to recall/save the previous values.
i need it for 10 minutes because tank is pumping fluid at a variable rate.

Check the manual, it definitely explains how to save values/variables.

Bernie, Ya, I know about the Click 'array' *capabilities*
You helped me with my 'copy/shift array emulation' at the AD forum.

icky, I was hoping for a reference to the manual mentioned above.
I guess that is what 0x539 meant. I didn't know that Copy/Block could manipulate 'source overlapping destination' registers. Learned.

Last edited:
icky, I was hoping for a reference to the manual mentioned above.
I guess that is what 0x539 meant. I didn't know that Copy/Block could manipulate 'source overlapping destination' registers. Learned.

I was suggesting to use a resource like what icky812 posted. The software you have already includes a .PDF manual.

The full instruction set is here: http://www.automationdirect.com/static/specs/clickinstr.pdf