Recommend PLC to bridge DH485 and Ethernet networks

sanger

I need to consolidate data from PLC's on two DH485 networks and serve them to a SCADA system over Ethernet for access using a Kepware OPC server. The data needs to be re-organized before presenting to the SCADA system so a simple Ethernet to DH485 gateway will not do.

The PLC will have no other purpose than acting as a data concentrator and will have no hardwired I/O. A ControlLogix rack with a 1756-DH485 module would be an easy solution but is way overkill for what we are trying do. Any recommendations on Rockwell's lower-end processors that support multiple DH485 networks. Rockwell's offerings in the mid/low end have grown so much in recent years I can't keep up with the capabilities of each line. I'm not interested in considering the Micro800 line. Haven't had good experiences with them.

I think MicroLogix 1400 is the way to go.

It has Ethernet as well as two serial ports, each of which can be configured for DH485.

Channel 0 is the round port; you can connect it to a non-isolated RS485 network with a 1763-NC01 breakout box, or use a 1761-NET-AIC if you want good isolation.

Channel 2 is the DB9 RS-232 port; use a 1761-NET-AIC to connect it to a DH485 network.