Processor upgrade

PLC Pie Guy

Hey all.

I have a question about doing a processor upgrade.
Due to memory capacity issues I am swapping out an L43 for an L45.

This L45 has two consumers looking at its produced tags and likewise it is a consumer of these two producers.

My question is do I need to go in to the projects of the 2 consumers to the L45 and change the I/O tree "module properties" to look at the L45 now. Electronic keying is already disabled so does that mean that the module definition of L43 will still Consume/produce to the L45?

Part 2:

The next part to my question is about a PanelView Plus 1000. During this L43 to L45 swap do I need to re-define the communications in the FTV.ME project to now be an L45?
For some reason I am thinking it does not matter what processor you specify in the communications configuration as long as it is a logix family controller.

Thanks for any advice given.

The consumers will also need to be changed to the new processor, as far as the PV it will be ok as long as the address stays the same.

It is good practice to update everything. Undocumented and it works, but it is not completely right is a real problem in this field.

Do it right do it complete