Connecting a AD P2000 to a Red Lion G306

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,
I have been playing with the Automation Direct Productivity 2000 PLC for the past couple days. I have a program in the PLC now and would like to connect it to a Red Lion G306.

Looking at the drivers that are available in the Crimson software there is only a driver for the DoMore PLC. I have searched the site and the only post I could find about doing this said that I have to use Modbus TCP.

Has anyone done this before? If so I would appreciate any advice on how to start. I have done a bunch of Crimson projects but AB but this will be my first one with the Automation Direct.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Well I was able to figure it out and it was a whole lot easier than I thought.

Basicly you just assign Modbus Register number to the tags in the P2000. That was as simple as clicking on the mod start column and it will start at 1 and go up for there. The software will automatically assign the address based on the data structure for the tag. IE for real or DINT it will assign the 40000. For Coils 00000 and Inputs 10000. I am really starting to like the P2000/3000 software a lot.

Then build tags in Crimson that use those Modbus addresses. One trick is to change the word order to Low then High in the PLC communications tab and you wont have to do any swapping in the Tags or the PLC.

If anyone wants more detailed info you can post back here and I will be happy to help.