Problem with Simatic PC Adapter USB A2

nacoolp

Hello there,

I also bought PC Adapter USB A2 recently. I am using Windows XP SP3. I need to connect Simatic Manager with the same.

Now the problem arises is that I am not able to install Simatic Device drivers in my PC. Thereby I am able to see PC USB Adapter A2 in the Add/Remove interfaces section in PG/PC interface. But not able to install the same. Installing the setup of the drivers, processes up to a dialog box of "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable" which stops at their and completion window appears which shows adapter is successfully installed. On restarting cannot find the drivers of the cable and the condition persists. Attached images for the reference.

The strange thing that is happening is that using the same CD, I am able to install the drivers and work with Simatic manager properly on another PC with same OS.

On studying the matter, found out that I should run the setup as an administrator. So tried to do the same and even disabled my computer's firewall protection and antivirus as well. But the situation remains as it is.

I am confused :confused: that what might be the problem. Kindly help me with the same.

Thanks in advance

dialog boxes.jpg

Could you try...disconect your adapter USB MPI ....then U will install the driver ..after that you will reconnect your hardware !

Dear nguyenxuanphu,

Thnx for the reply. Have tried in both the ways i.e. with adapter connected and disconnected as well. But the condition is as it is. Still cannot install the drivers.