AB L35e Flex IO Help

andrew99

Hi.

I have installed some flex IO onto an existing system.(L35e,DeviceNet Scanner with 5 nodes including 1 powerflex drive and 1 PV300).

I have added a 1794-aent and one ib 32 sink input module.

Everything looks OK but my inputs are not changing state, the input light on the module is working but when I monitor it I can't see the input coming on in the program
I can access the aent with a browser and shows no errors.

I can see the Aent through rs linx who.

With rs5000 I can see the AENT and the IB32Input module.

I notice in RS Linx I can see the AENT but I cannot see the input module.

Should I be able to see the input module?

Many Thanks.

Andrew

plc ip is 12.34.56.78 subnet 255.255.0.0
Aent ip is 12.34.56.79 subnet 255.255.0.0

Welcome to the forum Andrew.

Reading your post, it sounds like you have put the 1794-aent on the main programming network with your PLC.
It is usually preferred to create a new network for remote I/O using a new Ethernet card in the PLC rack.
Not sure you would see the IB32 on RSLinx

That aside, I would use RSLogix5000 to check the status of the rack and module. Check on the tree to see that the AENT is running, and then drill onto the IB32 and check and see in the properties that this has a running status also.
Not sure that there is much configuration required for the AENT, and certainly not the IB32.

add-on : you have created the tags for the adapter and the module?

Last edited:
Eds

Thanks for your help john. I will Check now.

Is there a possibility that the eds file is not the right version?

Thanks

Andrew

Module mismatch - that may well be the Electronic Keying on the module properties

Check the actual module firmware version and what is on the module properties match - or go for "disable electronic keying" to try it....

Hi John.
I have found the issue. My module is a 1794-aent but I check the back and it says aent rev b. which is the one with the thumbwheel on top.
But my rs5000 only has the rev a.

Could I still try what you said above?

I would go for it, as I would think the processor would be happy with an AENT.

That said, you may well need the new EDS file, but what version of RSLogix5000 are you using? I am on V20.04

If I try to add a 1794-AENT to a rack, it prompts me for revs 1 - 4

Hmm I have just had a go and it does not work, still says mismatch.
The version on the module is 4.2.

Any thoughts?

Ken,

I am just wondering if the firmware of the L35e (at 13.03) is too old to see the AENT V4, and even if it is flashed to V20.01, will it be suitable?

edit :

Just tested it by creating a new project with an L35e on V20.04 and it took a 1794-AENT series B..

Last edited:
John, did you actually try this with hardware?
So looks like I need to buy new programming software?
Thanks for you help by the way.