Modbus RTU With Micrologix 1200 Master

Oceansoul

I know there are many threads about Modbus with the Micrologix but I cant find a specific answer to my query.

I have a MLX 1200 single port version, which I will be using to read some values from an energy meter. I can see how to programme this in RSLogix but what is concerning me, is the single comms port. Once I have set up channel 0 as Modbus master and downloaded to the PLC hardware, how can I then get online with the PLC?

You use the "Communication Toggle Push Button"

Which will temporarily set channel 0 to its default settings.

See pdf.

Similar Topics

I have a spare Micrologix 1400 Series B I bought used on Ebay awhile back. I had thought of it as a spare PLC for my train project but I screwed...
Replies
Views
I been tasked with setting up communication between a heating cooling unit manufactured by Advantage Engineering and a Microloagix 1400 plc. The...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have an example program using control techniques EN drives?RSLogix 500 ver 6.3, to be put in the upload section on here. I’m wanting...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, Ran into a bit of an issue with a Modbus RTU radio link on a MicroLogix 1100. Just for context, we have a remote lift station with...
Replies
Views
we use M580 which have an Modbus RTU port correct if iam wrong now should i have to read input data from ab micrologix through read var block and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom