Parker/SSD 890 Drive on Ethernet/IP

kamenges

What is the best velocity command resolution I can hope to get with a Parker/SSD 890 drive receiving a velocity command from a plc over Ethernet/IP?

Based on the reading I have done my best bet would seem to be to send the velocity over as a DINT which will convert to a value between -32768.000 and 32767.9999. That range would be effectively the same as -100% to 100% as a percentage value. But if I use the standard velocity input to the drive macro will I get all the resolution I am shown with the conversion? Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Keith

Similar Topics

Does anybody have any knowledge of oddities with the SSD 890 AC Drives? Both compact/bookshelf, and monstrous stand alone ones have the habit of...
Replies
Views
Dear all, we have a couple of SSD 637 servo drives that need to communicate trough easyrider. On the parker website you can download easyrider...
Replies
Views
Hy everyone, I have Parker DC Drive (590+). in ints manual there is mentioned about P3 port which is based on (RS-232) communication. I want to...
Replies
Views
I'm working with AC10 Drive 1KW 3x400V. I configured it running in Torque Control Mode. But it's not work. The speed's not smooth, when I increase...
Replies
Views
I'm working with Parker SSD DSI3 which is Crimson 3 in another guise. I've created lots of gateway blocks and as you do attached tags to them. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom