Mitsubishi FX3U and File Registers

oncewaslost

Can someone help me understand what is the benefit of using file registers as opposed to regular latched data registers. We mostly use the FX3U. The manual would lead me to believe that it assures that the data stays with the program. In doing some testing, I can see no difference. It appears to me that to keep the data with the program, you still have to check the box in GX developer when reading out. The same as standard registers.

I have used file registers in an old FX when we needed more data storage. Sacrifice step memory to create more data registers. The FX3U has an enormous amount of regular latched data registers anyway.

They are mostly used for a data base of registers that will not be changed. Ie, resetting the program back to an initial good state by a block move BMOV.

They are mostly used for a data base of registers that will not be changed. Ie, resetting the program back to an initial good state by a block move BMOV.

We do exactly that with regular latched data registers. So what would be the advantage of using file registers?
Thanks.