Panasonic FPΣ (FP Sigma) read from PLC in FP Winpro software

apmcs1

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Panasonic FPΣ PLC that has register values that have changed, how do you read them and update your program.

If you try to upload the program from the PLC it gives a message saying "After uploading the program code and the system register you can convert them to a Control FPWIN Pro project!

Only choose convert if the program code has not been created by Control FPWIN Pro because all variable names and the POU structure are not included in the program code!"
then the choices are
"Upload program code into program editor"
"Upload and convert program code into new project"

How can I either just update my registers in my copy of the program on my machine OR upload everything?

I don't have much experience with Panasonic, I've used Automation Direct, Controllogix, Modicon, and Siemens.

Best regards,
Dave W