Twincat 2.11 with Vmware

lapgoch

Hi.

I need some help configuring Twincat to work on a virtual machine using NAT.

If I configure the VM network settings to Bridged mode and set my Laptop NIC and VM IP addresses for the same Lan then when I add routes in TSM everything works fine and I get an X to show the route configuration is correct.

If I configure the network settings to NAT mode , when i add a route in TSM it finds the IP address of the Beckhoff device , but I never get an X giving me timeout issues when I try and connect.

I have turned off the VM firewall.
I have added port forwarding routes for TCP 48898 and UDP 48899.

Any ideas what I can try next ?

If you are sure about firewalls and IP range of your computer (device IP and computer ip should be in the same range), then try the IP Address option to add route.You can find the option in the attached picture.

Untitled.png

Hi.

Thanks for getting back to me.
The Add route is where I am seeing the problem. ( See add route.jpg )

I enter the IP address of the Beckhoff device.
Search for it , it shows up as being found.
I then select Add , it then asks for a username and password.
I enter Administrator and blank for password which I believe is correct for a Beckhoff device with WinCE.
But I do not get an X showing that it is configured correctly and when I try to connect I get a connection timeout error.

The Beckhoff device IP address is 10.11.164.24
The laptop NIC IP address is 10.11.164.127
The VW network config is set to NAT.
The VM IP address is 192.168.244.128
I have port forwarding routes as shown in port forwarding.jpg ( see port forwarding.jpg )

Any ideas what I need to do ?

add route.jpg port forwarding.jpg

try same range IP address for your VM as your Beckhoff Device, like 10.11.164.5 instead of 192.168.244.128 . Also, check any antivirus on your VM and disable all network protection and monitoring.

Hi.

If i set the VM ip address 10.11.164.5 then all the the other networks that the VM accesses will not work.

I do not have any anti virus software running on the VM.

As i stated in my original post if I use bridge mode , i.e. setting the VM ip address to 10.11.164.5 , then everything works ok , but I want to use NAT mode so that all the other networks that I connect to also work.

Any more ideas ?