Magelis HMI putting numbers in boxes it shouldn't!

bully

Hi,

This is my first post. Hoping someone can help. I am writing to a m221 from a mageis hmi using vijeo and soMachine. I need to input numbers to MW ie. 235.75, seems easy but i am writing to 7 different MW from 7 different number input on the hmi. The boxes are configured as DINTs. My problem is that when I write to the plc the numbers intefere with each other, If I write to MW1 it messes with MW2 and so on.

Its doing my head in! Ive tried writing to MF and ticking the float box and stuff but Ive had no joy.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

You cant put 235.75 to integer variable.

If you are using real numbers, then you have to use every second address. %MF0 and %MF1 interfere each other.

Hi,

This is my first post. Hoping someone can help. I am writing to a m221 from a mageis hmi using vijeo and soMachine. I need to input numbers to MW ie. 235.75, seems easy but i am writing to 7 different MW from 7 different number input on the hmi. The boxes are configured as DINTs. My problem is that when I write to the plc the numbers intefere with each other, If I write to MW1 it messes with MW2 and so on.

Its doing my head in! Ive tried writing to MF and ticking the float box and stuff but Ive had no joy.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

If they are DINT then they are double words so MW1 and MW2 contain the first double int then MW3 and MW4 the second and so on, you would be better using REAL and FLOAT type for those numbers but they still use 2 words.