FPC 202 help

Psanyi

Dear Forum Members!

I am new to this forum, and i would like to ask you to help me with the fpc 202 festo plc (its a farily old product). Thgis is the manual https://petergodwin.files.wordpress...ammable-logic-controller-operating-manual.pdf
So i have 2 questions. First is it possible to program this only using the buttons on the plc. And secondly how can i connect this plc to my PC. I have the FST programming software but i dont have a clue how to connect this. Do i have an adapter for this FESTO 5 pin diagnostic port to USB/COM ? Or is there an other way ?

It is not possible to program this using the buttons on the PLC. They are used to turn on/off bits, run / stop programs and upload and download software.

The programs are made with the software FST202C package. This connects via a modified 20mA current loop interface. KDI-SB202-BU9 (9-pin socket for PC) Part no. 150 268

See programming manual below:
https://www.festo.com/net/SupportPortal/Files/324678/165489g1.pdf

Regards,

Thank you for your fast reply. I know that i have to connect to the PC via the current loop interface, but i didnt know what kind of cable do i need. This cable costs more then 100$ so it has to have a converter in it. Do you know a cheaper way to get this working ? If you know whats in the cable if its not complicated maybe i can build it.