Micrologix 1100 Series B Network Connection

Kodinguotaku

I am connecting via the Mini Din to Serial to USB, and cannot get the Mac Address to come up in BootPHP. I have previously tried with Ethernet and that did not work. It was working a couple weeks ago but now I cannot set the IP address or link with the controller at all HELP PLEASE o_O

Create an empty project with the IP/Netmask etc set to what you need and download it to the Micrologix.

Or else, if the unit already has a program, just go online serially, upload, then read the current IP/Netmask from the unit.

I am running it using the MiniDIN and cannot get any software to recognize the device, it is not connecting via ethernet/network connection. I cannot get any kind of connection between the device and the software.

It keeps saying that the connection does not exist, however I have checked the IP address subnet mask and MAC address. I decided to try MiniDIN in order to get a more direct connection however I am having issues setting up the connection. Also the IP address that the Micrologix controller give me is -.-.-.-

The Mini-DIN port is a serial port, so of course you will have no IP connectivity through it. You will only have connectivity via the DF1 Full Duplex driver in RSLinx Classic.

You CAN download a new program into the controller over that link.

Because the IP address and configuration of the MicroLogix is contained in the RSLogix 500 program, that will allow you to set the IP address in the controller.

If you've messed up the controller interface beyond recongition, you can always reset it to the default 19200 baud, 8/N/1 framing, DF1 Full Duplex, CRC error checking by using the LCD screen and buttons to reset the controller's serial port to "DCOMM" default communications settings.

Here's an easy-to-follow set of instructions:

http://theautomationblog.com/using-the-micrologix-1100-lcd-to-enable-default-comms/

OKay so I had it working yesterday but now it isn't working again and I am running a MiniDin to Serial to USB, the MiniDin plugged into the controller and the USB plugged into my computer. The computer says that it is COM 4 (So I am using Comm Port COM 4), I have it set as Full Duplex, and the Device is SLC-CH0/Micro/Panel, my error checking is set to CRC, yesterday I was able to upload the program from the MicroLogix 1100, but today I now cannot do that though nothing has changed in the connections or settings since I stopped working yesterday. Help?

No not at all, I have also tried different cables, it might be the computer I am using, its fairly old compared to the plc. Its comes in and out still sometimes but it works if I change ports every now and then.