RSLogix5000 "OEM Lock" Multiple Keys?

Maximuse

I'm just wondering if there's a way to apply different Source Protection Keys to different tasks/routines etc within a program? Eg: Key "A" will allow access to Task "A", Key "B" allows access to task "B" etc. The security dialog seems to allow different Source Key Names but there's still only one "sk.dat" file.

Ok, so as I understand it then it wouldn't be possible to give a customer access to Task A but not Task B because I would have to give them the entire sk.dat file anyway, correct?

To be able to read the protected tasks/rungs in the .ACD file, your costumer needs to have RSLogix + Source Protection Tool. In that case, you only need to provide the key for Task A. Remember that your sdk.dat file contains all the keys you use for all your projects and customers, and you don't want to give that information.

By the way, sdk.dat file is only a plain text file. You can open it with a text editor. Inside you will see a list with all your keys.

I apologize but I'm thoroughly confused now. How do I give customers individual keys if they all reside in the same sk.dat file? Do I cut and paste certain lines? That doesn't seem right. Again, my apologies I'm obviously missing something. I'll read through the documentation again.

My bad. You give the password you assigned to TaskA. If the passwords are:

- TaskA: "easypassword"
- TaskB: "myd1ff1cultp455w0rd"

You only give "easypassword". When the customer use that password in the Source Protection Tool, his/her sdk.dat file will add the text "easypassword" in a new line.

In your case, sdk.dat will contain "easypassword", "myd1ff1cultp455w0rd" and other passwords created by you.

Ok after some testing I get it now. I didn't realize you have to go into the sk.dat file and manually delete the passwords that you don't want the customer to have. Working now, thanks for your help.