Rs logix 5000 emulator and PID

So I'm testing my code and hmi displays with emulate. I built my i/o tree with emulate processor but used real modules and inhibited them so I could write to the data table. I built a display with sliders to control my analog inputs. I was wondering if anyone was able to test their pid with emulate. It won't let me initialize the pid.

I test my pid logic on emulate. But I include a simulation mode in the logic to do that (something that has probed useful to do Software FAT).

Does Emulate 5000 support PID accurately now ? I thought the emulator specifically says it does not support motion or PID instructions.

Just curious, what does emulate do for you? Is it just to let you test your logic when you don't have access to the actual hardware? If you write your code in emulate, can you copy the same code to logix5000 seamlessly?

I am curious. The problem shouldn't be getting the PID or PIDE to work but modeling and simulating the system you plan to control. My question is if there there is a SOPDT AOI block that simulates a temperature system then why wouldn't the PID work?

Years ago I wrote a program for a SLC500/micrologix PLC that simulates a SOPDT system but I was not emulating the PID.

If you write your code in emulate, can you copy the same code to logix5000 seamlessly?
That's right. You can't use the real I/O in the Emulate virtual chassis, but you can test your logic (full projects or little code) and debug any algorithm. Working with projects, it's possible to inhibit the modules but I prefer to keep 2 RSLogix files: the simulation one (without I/O) and the final one.
Other thing I do is include a simulation mode in my AIOs. The code behind that simulation mode is generally very basic: its main purpose is to keep runing all my logic without the need of an external feedback.
Even it's possible to test the interaction with the HMI project. You only need to point the shorcut on RSLinx Enterpise to the controller in the virtual backplane (design tab). When you are ready to download, just point the shorcut to the Panel View (runtime tab).