RSlogix 5000 timers for start/stopping a agitator sequence

remullis

Hello all,

I have not used many timers in logix and was wondering what is the best method to do the following?

I would like to start an agitator 25secs on and 10secs off for a 5 min cycle.
then after the 5 min cycle the agitator should stay on.

I know there a lot of ways to accomplish this but I'm not sure what may be the simple way of do it.

Thanks
Rich

One On/Off cycle is 35 seconds. The system would be in the middle of its 9th cycle when 5 minutes is up. Could you change the timing to yield 30 seconds per cycle or possibly change to constantly on at 5 minutes 50 seconds?

Or do you just want to switch to constantly on wherever it is in the On/Off cycles?

correction, after the start stop sequence with 5 minute 50 seconds duration I would need the agitator to stay on an additional 5 minutes no cycling.

Thanks
Rich

thanks guys. I was able to get this working properly. I read using the LIM functions as well. I may take a look at that later.

Thanks
rm