SLC 100 Win 7 1745-PCC USB DosBox PCIS

RedPLC

Hello All,

I am attempting to upload from a SLC 100. I know the controller is good because it is still in operation. I know the programming port is good because my SLC handheld programmer can read it.

I have read several forums, pdfs and watched a video on how to accomplish this and have had no luck.

I am running Window 7, DosBox .72, PCIS software version 3.1, and a 1745-PCC USB.

Under my device manager is shows up as "USB-SERIAL CH240 (COM6)". Port Settings I have the setting left at default. Bps 9600 Data Bits 8 Parity None Stop Bits 1 Flow Control None.

My dosbox.conf file is only edited as such.

"
serial1=directserial realport:com6
serial2=dummy
serial3=disabled
serial4=disabled

[dos]
# xms -- Enable XMS support.
# ems -- Enable EMS support.
# umb -- Enable UMB support.
# keyboardlayout -- Language code of the keyboard layout (or none).

xms=true
ems=true
umb=true
keyboardlayout=none

[ipx]
# ipx -- Enable ipx over UDP/IP emulation.

ipx=false

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

"

When I open DOSBox with the 1745-PCC plugged in I see the following
"
MIDI:Opened device:win32
Serial1: Opening com6
"

after mounting the c drive and running PCIS the splash screen shows me it is PCIS version 3.1. the DOSBox Status Windo now shows
"
Serial1: Warning: Tried to activate FIFO.
"
I hit F4 to test comms and no luck.

I have tried dropping the baud rate on both the port in my device manager and on the PCIS software under F7 Configuration. No Luck.

I have tried forcing the 1745-PCC to Com Port 1 in my device manager then changing the config file of DOSBox to reflect that. No luck.

I have tired all my USB Ports. No Luck.

Any suggestions?
GIT any help here? This is not my first go around with PLC's just my first exposure to a SLC 100. Ill take a PLC 5 over this any day.

I would be more then happy to attach screen shots, skype with someone who has done this, or paypall some one some money if they can get it working for me via a screen share session.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/images/smilies/madder.gif

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,
Red

Update

If anyone finds this by searching...

After Red downloaded the correct driver for the cable and fixed the install errors still had issues with the SLC 100, after we reviewed all the settings we were a little stumped, Red proceeded to his customers and tried the same settings and everything worked, so the only logical explanation (other then the driver issue) is a bad port on the first CPU, I have see a few failed ports on them so its not a shocker, but these are very old CPU's and have been working for a long time

The only part that needs to be edited in DOSBox is the part that Red changed and all settings are correct that he highlighted

Code:
serial1=directserial realport:com6

Hope this helps anyone that finds it

GIT,

Thanks so much for the help! The customer service was five star.

I don't have any rational answers for why the set up works at the customers SLC 150 but wouldn't work on my SLC 100. It may have been the PLC Com Port but I would be surprised because my hand held programer connects to the SLC 100 just fine.

Either way the 1745-PCC USB cable worked like a champ on my windows 7 PC using DosBOX v .72 and a SLC 150.

Would recommend it over trying to track down a MS Dos computer and original 1745-PCC any day.

Thanks again! For all the help and customer service