Powerflex 700 issues

dcam

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just unpacked and installed a 15hp allen bradley powerflex 700 and its power cycling repeatedly. I have verified supply voltage and have no t leads connected. I think the vfd is bad out of box. This is the first time this has happened to me.....curious if others have had this happen???

Is it the HIM that is power cycling, if so try removing the HIM and see if that helps or try another HIM.
If you have a 1203-USB or 1203-SSS and use Drive Explorer or Drive Executive or Connected Component Workbench CCW, and see if the drive is OK.

Alan.

We changed out HIM with no change......If we were to hook up with drive exec and found drive to be good, how would we fix HIM issue? New side board? HIM socket? Appreciate your response, thx.

It could be wit they call the T-Board, it is the board that the HIM, 20-COMM and external scan port are connected to the main control board, not sure if that is a spare part where you are, it not available in Australia as a spare part.

Is this a brand new drive or a used drive?

Alan

Last edited:
thanks guys, gonna send it back. Its the first time out of box that ive seen this type of failure. Was just checking that there wasnt a quick fix. Love this site.