Prosoft PLX31 read from another subnet

Topwater

I have a compactlogix that uses a Prosoft PLC31-EIP-MBTCP gateway to gather data from devices we have in our system. The field devices are Modbus TCP and the compactlogix is of course Ethernet/IP.
All the devices sit on a 192.168.1.xx subnet and communicate fine.
I've been asked to gather data from a Modbus server sitting on 192.168.31.66. temporaily.
What I've done is grab a wireless router we have on site, set the LAN IP to 192.168.1.254 and set the WAN IP on the router to 192.168.31.144 (free ip address on that subnet) and connect it to the system. WAN port to the .31.xx subnet and open ports to the .1.xx side. I disabled the wireless broadcast as well.

If I set my Prosoft card gateway to 192.168.1.254 should I be able to read from this Modbus server? At the moment with this setup I can't get it to work. I'm a little dense on the IT/networking side so any help or suggestions would be great.