Siemens KTP400F mobile HMI

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

Just curious if anyone has experience with one of these panels, or the larger ones in the family of mobile panels? KTP700F, KTP900F

Considering getting one for a project and just wanted to see if there were any people who've used them before?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know the KTP400F is not available yet.

The KTP900F is a pretty nice panel, I have one on my desk at the moment.

They are small and lightweight compared to the old mobile panels, looks nicer ect. It really depends on what you are using them for, as they have a number of practical limitations.

Number one limitation is not tripping over the cable, so sometimes they are just not practical, or need to be able to be put on a mounting bracket for some functions. This really depends on the machines they are used with.

Number two limitation is operator fatigue. They will start to make your arm hurt after several 8 hour days commissioning a system. Make it several 12 hour days and you will hate having to use it. Design is key here, you can make it really unpleasant to use by having all the push buttons on the right hand side, or requiring the deadmans switch to be held when its not really needed.

Number three limitation is fitting stuff on the screens, but between slide in and popup screens, there is a lot you can do on this. Just remember to train the operators that styluses or the rubber on the back of a pencil can be used to press the screen :)

KTP400 is not available as it turns out.

you guys were right.

Anyway thanks for the feedback about the panels in general, going to try one out.