Do we have any standard / regulations / PM for SCADA !?

leonlai

folks,

I always have stupid questions because learning is never enough and i'm not an experts, plz dont judge !

Do we have any standards / regulations or preventative maintenance for SCADA out there !?
I looking around for sources (mostly internet) but cannot find a standards,
look like more about IT network securities more than a (anything related to) SCADA (regulations,standards or Preventative maintenance)

Because I always think that one a system is up and run fine/good, it's suppose to run like this till the life time of a PLC / modules / components, right !? So we only stocks parts (PLC,modules) in case system fail !?

Is there any sources / info !?

btw, is there any good magazine for SCADA/PLC like us to continuing learning/ updating knowledge !?

Thanks

Nope, but you treat it like anything other maintenance task.

If you are running a HMI that only runs on Windows 2000 then you need to come up with a strategy to replace the box if it goes up in smoke or upgrade the software and box to run on newer OS. Either option works but you should have a plan and/or part in place.

Nope, but you treat it like anything other maintenance task.

If you are running a HMI that only runs on Windows 2000 then you need to come up with a strategy to replace the box if it goes up in smoke or upgrade the software and box to run on newer OS. Either option works but you should have a plan and/or part in place.
Good advice and I would take it one more step and say that you need to have the plan implemented before it becomes an "Emergency" which doesn't get enough time to implement 'properly'.