Anybody using a Powerflex 527 yet?

jcmenard

Curious if anybody has used one yet. I have a couple for a small project with 1769-L18ERM. These are quite different for me, I do not have much/any motion control experience and have only managed to get a quick squeal and then fault on overcurrent when I enable the axis.

Curious if anybody has used one yet. I have a couple for a small project with 1769-L18ERM. These are quite different for me, I do not have much/any motion control experience and have only managed to get a quick squeal and then fault on overcurrent when I enable the axis.
Did you go through the process of tuning the drive to the motor in setup? It's essential on that drive.

It successfully completed autotuning, but it didn't actually turn while doing that, is that what it should do? It seemed to calculate a bunch of values when it did that and let me accept them. Then I used the manual tune interface to send an enable command which is when it makes a quick squeal and then faults.

I haven't messed with 527's. but for kinetix servos, the autotune gives the motor a quick jerk. There are settings for the autotune that detemine how far the motor should move and at what speed during the autotune "quick jerk". I don' think a manual tune usually causes any movement - it just allows you to change the tuning parameters. Again - that is for a typical kinetix, but your manual tune really sounds like an autotune.

For a kinetix, you sometimes need to dial back on the speed and distance settings for the autotune if the "quick jerk" causes a fault. If you were talking kinetix - that would be my take on your situation. Don't know if that helps.

It seems that they tried to make everything about the user experience similar to a Kinetix type of application. Maybe I didn't see the quick jerk. I will mess with it some more tomorrow. I thought I was trying to accelerate pretty gently but I should look again at the scaling and ramp rates.

It's fun to be a guinea pig. :ROFLMAO: