panelview plus 1250 and compact logix

shkoko2000

dear all,
i have compactlogix L32E as per attached pic with domain 192.168.101.xxx and connected to panel view plus and redlion switch when i changed ip address to operates at domain 192.168.1.xxx the data didn't appear at panel view.i found this attached configuration at the communication setup and don't understand it as processor appear as L35.
can anyone help me to change this domain and illustrate this network at rslinx enterprise.
Note:all data ,.mer program and plc code attached at link below
https://www.sendspace.com/file/7ul1wt

If you want to change the IP addresses of the CompactLogix and the PanelView Plus, you must do three things:

1. Change the IP address of the CompactLogix. You can do this with RSLinx Classic by right-clicking on the device or from within RSLogix 5000.

2. Change the IP address of the PanelView Plus. This can only be done from the configuration mode menus of the PanelView Plus. It is NOT part of the runtime program.

3. Change the configuration of the RSLinx Enterprise schema in the FactoryTalk View runtime file. Generally this is done by modifying the RSLinx Enterprise configuration on the Runtime tab, then creating, downloading, running the new Runtime project while allowing or commanding it to apply the new communication configuration.

I don't have time to read through your project files.

i already changed all ips to my requried domain but there isn't any data comes to panel view when i back the old domain the data comes back.

Did you cycle power to the PanelView after changing its IP address ?

Always cycle power after changing something as important as an IP address.

Well, technically, for the PanelView terminals, all you need do is a soft "Reset" after changing the IP address. This button is available at the main "FactoryTalk View ME Station" window (where you select "Terminal Settings", etc.). But a Reboot is just as good.

And that may be all that is needed here, but just in case...

I'm wondering something else, having looked at the attached images...

shkoko2000,

You were very good in taking screenshots, but one important screenshot is missing - the PanelView's "IP Address" screen where you should have changed the terminal's actual IP address. This is Step 2 in Ken's list. Can you confirm you took this step and then soft Reset or rebooted the terminal?

This screen is found at...

Terminal Settings-->Networks and Communications-->Network Connections-->Network Adapters-->IP Address

If you had not been changing this IP address then it will not work.

The screenshot with Virtual Backplane / Ethernet, etc., is just the RSLinx Enterprise Server configuration that was loaded onto the terminal with the MER application. It just tells the application where the devices it needs to communicate with are at. Just because you can see both the PanelView and the L35E here with the correct IP address does not mean they are ready to communicate.

Are you just editing the PanelView instance here under the Ethernet driver?

The Ethernet driver on this RSLinx Enterprise Server screen represents the built-in Ethernet port on the PanelView. It will automatically be using the IP address that you assign on the screen I mentioned above. Because this Ethernet driver is already representing the PanelView, you do not need to add the PanelView itself under its own Ethernet port. So in View Studio, under the Runtime tab, you do not need to add the PanelView itself, only the devices that the PanelView needs to communicate with.

It's not the end of the World having it there but it can cause some confusion. It's often there by default because a user browsed the live network under the Design tab and then performed a "Copy from Design to Runtime" operation.

However, just editing the IP address of the PanelView instance under the driver on the RSLinx Enterprise Server screen is not changing the actual PanelView's Ethernet port IP address.

Once the PanelView's "IP Address" screen is set correctly, and the terminal reset/rebooted, and the L35E is visible with the correct IP address under the Ethernet driver on the RSLinx Enterprise Server screen, then it should work once the physical network is still intact.

Not setting the PanelView's actual IP address could be one reason why you only have proper communications when you are using the original setup and not when using the new.

Not having reset/rebooted still being another.

I know that just because you did not add a screenshot of the IP Address screen, does not mean you did not already change it, but I/we cannot be 100% sure until you actually confirm this beyond the vague "i already changed all ips...".

Another way, which would confirm the PanelView is visible at the new IP address, is if you placed your computer on the same network and then browsed for the PanelView under the Ethernet driver on the Design (Local) tab. If it shows up then you know it's on the network at the correct new IP address. Of course, a basic PING test is always a good starting point as well.

Regards,
George