Connecting PLC to muliple PC via ethernet

macstorm

Hi Friends,
I am using Micrologix 1000 AB PLC. Micrologix is connected with 1761-NET-ENI Ethernet module using 1761-CBL-AM00 cable and 1761-NET-ENI ethernet module to PC.
Now,I have to connect the PLC to 10 PCs using ethernet.. It would be helpful if you could send some reference. Thanks.

In general, computers running HMI or programming software connect to the controller via the 1761-NET-ENI module using RSLinx communication software or equivalent third-party communication software.

Are you asking about how to select or implement those software products, or are you attempting to write your own software ?

Another issue is that the 1761-NET-ENI is intended to provide connectivity to a small number of computers.

The Net-ENI can accept up to 3 TCP connections inbound, 3 outbound, and 3 in either direction.

That makes the absolute maximum number of computers you can connect to a Net-ENI just six.

There are a handful of workarounds for this, including different serial server devices, but first you should explain why you are connecting an obsolete very small controller to ten computers.