motor drive question

Could any one tell me what is idle motor test in motor drive ? Why need this test ?

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking about a static autotune of a drive, correct?

Assuming that:
A static autotune (where the motor does not rotate) allows the drive to determine the electrical characteristics of the motor's windings, as well as the properties of the wiring between drive and motor. The drive "pings" the motor and determines parameters such as as line resistance, inductance, etc... This allows the drive to develop an "electrical map" of the motor that allows for tight control of the motor.

-rpoet

Similar Topics

Not PLC but I know there are guys out there that can help with this. We are replacing the controls on an old Tree CNC mill with a Yaskawa spindle...
Replies
Views
i need to calculate decelerate rate of ac drive for safely but fast stop of the process in steel plant. Could anyone give me any suggestion or...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, here is the setup: application is crane. We have a 1336 Impact drive, with a 30 HP motor w/encoder and a dynamic braking system...
Replies
Views
Kindly, has anyone tried to control Lenze servomotors with Siemens S120 drives ? Any special hints ? Have some concerns for the resolver and servo...
Replies
Views
Hi all!!! Anybody ever seen this code on this motor drive? Can't find any references for it in any manuals!!! Sorry I know it's not PLC, but...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom