Ultra 3000 and Control Logix

AlexKur

Hello everybody, I need some help. I have flying shear application and trying to upgrade drive. Here is parts I planning to use:

Ultra 3000 wit SERCOS(2098-DSD-HV150-SE)
Control Logix processor(1756-L61)
3-Axis SERCOS card(1756-M03SE)

My application is flying shear witch cutting preset length of material . I'm planning to connect:
motor speed feedback encoder as main feedback to Ultra3000
and product speed feedback as aux encoder to Ultra3000

Is this setup will let me program controller to perform flying shear application?

without knowing more about the torque requirements and motion profile we cannot say that the servo will be sized correctly

You have selected the basic parts needed - it is all about the performance needs that you think are needed

WARNING:
However the servo that you are selecting is already "Active Mature" ie rockwell will stop making parts for it soon
Also the processor that you have selected (L61) will stop being made at the end of this year