Send Tag Status in Email RSL5000

fdiaz

Hello Everyone,

RSLogix 5000 v16
Ab1756-L61 with ENBT/A

I am wanting to send the accumulated number of a counter, or a tag that is the result of a math instruction, embedded with some text to my email.

I have been able to successfully send a string tag by following the guide in Ethernet/IP Network Config Manual. I have searched through the forums and the majority point towards either this manual or Technotes which I do not have.. I'm a project engineer intern so I have only been working with ladder logic for less than a year.

Is this possible? If so would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction? Thank you!

Check out the DTOS (DINT to STRING) or RTOS (REAL to STRING) instructions. If you already know how to send a string, making your value into one should be the only missing link

Within RSLogix 5000 Open 'Help' - 'Instruction Help'

Read each instruction in the 'ASCII Conversion' and the 'ASCII String' sections. That should give you some ideas about creating the sections of the string for the email and connecting them together.

Thank you gentlemen. It was so simple now that you helped.
Not sure if it was the best way but it is working.

I used DTOS to get a string type, then MOV that to the correct array position in my EmailString tag.