Can't access emulator from Studio 5000

Mel_24

Hey there, I'm new to PLC's and have been programming them for about a week now. I am trying to set up emulator 5000 using the following link (https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/96143/)

Problem is when i get to page 35, changing controllers, i can't seem to find the emulator on the list. I also don't see the emulator at the start of the page.

Wondering if someone else has had this problem and knows how to fix it.

Thanks in advance

So most likely this is due to the software package that was purchased. Not every package supports the Emulator.

In your Logix software click Help, then About. See if the package you are using is called "Lite", "Mini", or "Service Edition". A lot of people purchase the Mini edition if they only intend to talk with CompactLogix controllers but it cannot use the Emulator.

OG

More Information

Hey there, I'm new to PLC's and have been programming them for about a week now. I am trying to set up emulator 5000 using the following link (https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/96143/)

Problem is when i get to page 35, changing controllers, i can't seem to find the emulator on the list. I also don't see the emulator at the start of the page.

Wondering if someone else has had this problem and knows how to fix it.

Thanks in advance

I added a picture of the exact problem if that helps

Issue.jpg

Sorry should have posted the reply sooner. The trial version my local rep sent me was version 28 but the emulator was version 24 which is why it wouldn't work. Got version 24 and worked fine.

Thanks for the help guys