Micrologix 1400 Power LED/Fault LED Flashing

Amity3467

Good Morning Friends-

I have a Allen Bradley Micrologix 1400

1766-L32BWAA

I was using it for some bench programming and it was most recently on a shelf for 6 months.

When I attempted to re set it up I now get Both a Flashing Power LED and Fault LED with no screen interaction.

My output DC voltage is a steady 23V

I am running out of ideas to try.

Thank You For Any Input

Michael

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

Your Catalog Number denotes an AC voltage supplied controller...

1766-L32BWAA
ML1400_Catalog_Number.bmp

Amity3467 said:
...My output DC voltage is a steady 23V...

Are you supplying it with DC voltage?

Regards,
george

Last edited:
No it has 120V AC supply.

I read another post talking about being able to tell if the power supply was cycling based on the DC output.

Thank for the reply.

I've found this in relation to what I mentioned...

567396 - MicroLogix 1400 Power and Fault LEDs Blinking
Access Level: TechConnect

I'm not pushing the above here. You do not have the wrong voltage applied - understood.

I'm just adding it for future reference, lest someone else stumbles upon this thread and actually does have the wrong voltage applied.

Still, the wrong voltage issue presents the very symptoms you describe...

Flashing Power and Fault LED an no LCD display.

All that aside...

The fact that the Power LED is flashing means there is something wrong with either the supply voltage, which you have ruled out, or the power supply itself in the controller. Yet it is converting to 24VDC at the DC OUT terminals?

I'm not usually quick to classify a controller as a "brick", but I just don't know what else could be wrong here other than it's gone faulty?

Is it just the base controller powered up? No expansion I/O modules added?

And no communications cables attached to any of the ports?

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Yep I removed all the expansion and the only wiring connected now is the 120 VAC.

Poor thing barely saw any use at all.

I was in need of a new paper weight.

Thank You for all the helpful information.

Have a great day.

Well don't just take my advice on it. Hopefully someone else might be along with further advice from their experiences. If I think of or find anything else I'll also get back to you.

Have a greater day.

G.