Grendizer

Hey All,

I have:
COP
Source #L[N60:4]:[N60:2]
Dest #L30:0
Length 4

When I compile the project, I get:
WARNING: File number doesn't point to the correct file type!

I have no idea why it says that, anyone knows what that suppose to mean and how to correct it?

Thanks as always,

Last edited:
Check the values of registers N60:4 and N60:2

Plug them in to the address expression and see if you get an address which actually exists.

If you want further help then zip and post your program.

And, as the reference thread states (including my own post), RSLogix500 is just warning that, while offline, the current data table values would give an incorrect address. However, at runtime, the values may be set to something acceptable by the time the instruction is first encountered. If not you'll get a fatal runtime error.

I've seen this if the runtime sequences through values in the indirect addresses, stopping and not executing the instruction again when the value would be invalid, but leaving it that way during an upload.

Last edited: