Industrial Firewall recommendations

MOeZ

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Folks,

could any recommendations for Industrial firewall which working good with OPC protocol?

Appreciate that in advance.

If you really want an industrial firewall made to inspect industrial protocols I would recommend Tofino https://www.tofinosecurity.com/sales/tofino-hirschmann

Most other firewalls are just routers beginning to sprout a little chest hair and most have Simple DMZ and ACL functions with SPI capability which your home linksys router can do. The industrial is in a more rugged case but it's what's under the hood that counts.

On anything you really care about keeping secure make sure the firewall you choose can do DPI Deep Packet Inspection and can handle the inspection of traffic from an industrial protocol which is different from TCP /IP protocol.

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

could any recommendations for Industrial firewall which working good with OPC protocol?

Appreciate that in advance.

Any industrial firewall should work well with OPC, the trick is setting it up right.

Thanks all.

Any industrial firewall should work well with OPC, the trick is setting it up right.

Thanks all for your recommendation. sent query to supports. OPC use each time in dynamic port (XXXX~XXXX) that make firewall unfriendly. i have concern of speed too when use firewall.

Hope they reply my query soon.