Logging in TiaV13 Sp1

Traloch

Hi guys,
I'm looking to setup logging in TIA V13 SP1 WinCC Advanced. I know how to do all the basics.

What I'm looking to achieve is: Archive log daily with values for just that day in .CSV format.

What I've done so far: Log tags in .RDB format to be displayed in trends (using WinCC RT Advanced on Win7 PC). I've setup a daily task to use the function Copylog to convert it to .CSV file. Then I'm archiving this .CSV file. This has worked for me but each archive will contain all values from .RDB file which could be a month worth of values.

I also should say that I don't want to erase the .RDB file after using the copylog function, as I want to display as much as possible in the trend on the HMI.

I've tried creating a second .RDB file (Historical log) and use the copylog function to append each days values to it, to display the past values, but couldn't get it to display on RT.
I might have done something wrong here as when setting up the trend I chose this historical log and was able to choose the tag to display without declaring it as a tag in the data log setup??

I didn't understand why TIA allowed me to choose the data log and then any HMI tag?? The HMI tag had already been declared to log to the first .RDB file.

Anyways, hopefully somebody can clarify this a little bit for me. I'd appreciate it a lot!! :confused: