Beckhoff hardware selection doubts

Loztos

We are going to build our first machine using Twincat 2 by requirements of our customer.

So we are going to use a pci network card FC9001-00010 to connect to an EK1100 with some EL2008, EL1008, EL3064, EL2262, and EL6002.

Also we are going to use an Festo servomotor, and a pair of IAI actuators, both controllers are Profinet. We were going to use a S7-1200, and got those parts before the customer decided to changing the hardware.

The main doubt here is if is it able to connect both controllers to the PC directly throught the FC9001 to use them in Twincat? Or if i need to use a device, like the EL6631-0010 to connect the controllers and be able to use them?

P.S. It is possible to change the fieldbus card in the Festo controller. And replace the MSEP with one with ethercat, but it will take some time and we are a little tight on time
I will appreciate any comments and recommendations.

as the EK1100 is a coupler not a controller you will need to run in a computer, the twincat program. so yes it is possible with a soft PLC, however the PC is the master, and not like in the siemens the PLC.

I would ask the customer to switch to FESTO IT is same as twincat (both codesys)

I would respectfully suggest to buy a PC from Beckhoff rather than installing FC9001 card and running TwinCAT on a third-party standard PC. It may or may not work - some PC drivers may cause unexpected problems. Whereas a PC from Beckhoff is thoroughly tested.

Regarding Profinet: one may use EL6631 or install Profinet Controller add-on on the PC (it should have a separate network card in that case). To run Profinet on a PC, a separate license needs to be purchased.

In any case, AFAIK, Beckhoff does not support motion via Profinet yet, only the I/O. I am sure that would work for the IAI actuators but better check what do those Festo drives need.

Thanks for your responce.

We are going to use a CMMP-AS-C2-3A-M3 with a CAMC-F-PN card. We had used this controller in the past. The intended use of profinet is to replace the I/O wiring.

LadderLogic, do you know if i can use the EL6631-0010 (Profinet RT Device) to control two IAI controlers (ACON-CA), or i need to use the EL6631 (Profinet RT Controller).

I just realized i make a mistake when i saw the nwtwork topology for these modules. And i have been trying to configure the EL6631-0010 to control the IAI through it without success.