Send integer-ascii to DL40 Textdisplay

mulderm

Hello,

I want to send a countervalue to a DL40 textdisplay.
This display receives a integer-word with is building as
an Ascii.
Example: If C5:0.acc=12 then I will send a Integer-word N7:0=12594
with MSD=1 and LSD=2 to the display.
The problem is: How can I make a RSLogix5 program for this?
I want to convert a countervalue to an integer-word with the
2 ascii-characters.
Who knows?

Greetings,

mulderm

Greetings mulderm,

see if this helps ...

[attachment]

check carefully to make sure that it will handle situations where the number in the counter's accumulator changes from two-digits to one-digit ... it works ok on the RSLogix screen but the DataLiner might display differently ... and also ... this only handles values between 0 and 99 ... you'll have to expand the same ideas to handle bigger numbers ...

finally ... I didn't have a PLC-5 handy ... I checked this out on an SLC-5/05 ... it should work the same ...

counttoascii.jpg

Thank you Ron, for your fast reaction.
It didn´t work because the AIC-instruction is only available
for the enhanced PLC5 processors and I have a classis PLC5
processor (PLC5/25).
Do you have another option, like working with a BTD-instruction?
Any help I appreciate.

Greetings,

mulderm

Since you don't have the AIC instruction, you'll just have to create it by hand.

[attachment]

I used a BTD because you mentioned it. You could just as easily have just multiplied N7:11 by 256 (to shift the bits 8 places), and then added N7:10 to the result stored in A9:0.

Good luck

plcs.net.jpg