Citect and Magelis data logging down loading

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Morning all

I'm treading into unknown waters here.

Scada is Citect, HMI is Magelis programmed with Vijeo Designer.

I understand the data managing tool is already installed on the HMI, My question is:

The IT department wants to down load the Data on a nightly schedule. Do they need to acquire a copy of the data removal tool, like with Micrologix. Are there any other protocols then will need to follow. Is so please identify.

Your time and attention is greatly appreciated.

In windows start menu go to schneider electric then vijeo designer then tools.
There is a datamanager tool that you use to retrieve the data saved on a cf or usb drive that is on the Hmi.
Im not sure how they will schedule this as I have only used it to manually retrieve data from the hmi.

ps. The data manager tool is normally installed with the vijeo designer software. But is can also be installed stand-alone on any pc without any licenses required

Do you have vijeo designer? Because the help file shows in detail how to use command lines which you will be able to use in citect to read and write to recipe files or data files on the hmi. I have never done this.
The help file does show examples of how to do this. But to display here will be a mess.

Yes we do

I have no immediate access, but I can query. I'll follow up and let you know how this turns out. installation is mid march.

Thank you again for your time and attention.