PV1000 in 32 bit problem

Martindag

Hi guys,

We have a panelview 1000 upgraded to version 5.xxx here or something like that, and when i want to connect to my factorytalk view studio, it say my computer run a 64bit program and can't open it because it 32 bit.

I was wondering if it's there a easy way to solve this program other than changing my panelview for a new one or my laptop for one in 32bit...

Can you someway convert it to make it work or something ? i hear also that panelview is prety much up to date on his update, it can't just not run a 64 bit program.

Thanks !

Just to clarify, you mentioned a PV1000 which is programmed with PanelBulider32. Panelview Plus is programmed with FTView ME.

The easiest way to convert it is to install Studio on a virtual server (32 bit) or use windows xp mode. Open it there and after saving it, use the application manager to back it up.
From there it will then open on a 64 bit computer.

Maybe im doing something wrong...

In the Actuel Panelview1000 we have, it's running with a Legacy project which is version 6.00 or less and my Factorytalk studio when i try to open it on the HMI is telling me that i need a 32bit system to run it and not 64bit like i have.

I tried to run Factorytalk in xp mode, i did a backup of the .MER which was in the HMI and it worked. i did a restore application of it and worked also it's now in my project list but if i try to open it, even if im in xp mode i get the same error.

I guess im going to give it a try with a Virtual Server, it will make it also easier if i ever change for a new laptop soon.

The easiest way to convert it is to install Studio on a virtual server (32 bit) or use windows xp mode. Open it there and after saving it, use the application manager to back it up.
From there it will then open on a 64 bit computer.

eurg! I've been putting off converting my projects because I was trying to import from .mer and I had to go trough the tag import export and I didn't have the time to fiddle with this.

I did what you just said, no hassles and now I don't need my 32-bit VM for FTView anymore.

Thanks!

ohhh so the older version use panelbuilder32 damn didnt know that sorry! i guess i have it somewhere, i will try it next week then.

im off for the weekend so, im going to give it a try again monday if i still cant figure it out i will post the model and everything

Actualy i took a moment to watch what was panelbuilder 32 ( never used it before) and im like 99% sure the panelview 1000 we have dont use that, the graphic is way too old, the panelview was built in like 2006 and it have no button on it its all touch in the screen. it could be a panelview plus 1000 also if im right.

so anyway im prety sure we need to use view studio for it but it ask me to use a 32 bit system to upload the program from the HMI and open it. and even with xp mode it still pop the same error

Just to clear things up.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN THE "PANELVIEWS" THE PLAIN OL PANELBUILDER USES PANELBUILDER 32 SOFTWARE.

THEN THERE IS THE PANELVIEW PLUS THAT USES FACTORY TALK SOFTWARE.

As I said, we need the model number on the back of it to really help you because I think you are getting the panelview and panelview plus confused,

Black bezel = Panelview Standard = Panelbuilder32
Gray bezel = Panelview Plus = Factory Talk View Studio

There are other new models now that can allegedly be programmed with Connected Components Workbench or a web browser. I have not been forced to work with them yet.