HMI options for SLC5/02

tylerinthetub

Hello all, I'm building a home brewery project out of an old SLC and am wondering about HMI options. Currently my plan was to set up a sub routine called Unit Input and do all my data entry for temperatures and times and whatnot there, but a fancy pansy hmi would make things a lot easier, and also open it up for my wife to use.

I am currently communicating using a 1747-UIC cable.

I have a few leftovers/options here from work. I have an older version of wonder ware installed here, version 10 I'm pretty sure, but am not sure what I would need to get the two talking, if it will even work.

I'm open to any third party stuff that would work as long as the cost isn't prohibitive. Ease of use would be a big plus.

Any suggestions?

PanelView Plus have a serial port that can connect to the SLC serial port.
Then again just about every HMI out there can connect to a SLC serial port.

Google AdvancedHMI (it is open source (free))

Also use the search feature on this site to look up AdvancedHMI and you can read many post on it to help get you started.
If you run into trouble setting it up the creator is a member here on this forum and I believe has his own AdvancedHMI forum as well.

BCS